Indian National Chapter of International Association of Hydrogeologists (INC of IAH)
About Indian Chapter of IAH (INC of IAH)
INC of IAH is the Indian chapter of the International Association of Hydrogeologists (iah.org). It has been registered under the Haryana Registration and Regulation of Societies Act, 2012 (Haryana Act No. 1 of 2012) with registration number HR-019-2016-02281 dated August 18th, 2016 and its registered office address is at o/o Central Ground Water Board, Bhujal Bhawan, CGO Complex Rd, Faridabad, Haryana 121001.
What We Do
- To further the understanding, wise use and protection of Groundwater resources throughout the India
- It will also serve as chapter of International Association of Hydrogeologist (IAH), UK to promote the groundwater related scientific activity in India.
- To act as a leading society tor the science and practice hydrogeology and recognized technology information source and facilitator to the transfer of Groundwater knowledge
- To Promote activities which spread Groundwater science and technology by means of seminars, conferences, training and publications.
- To Promote Groundwater issues in India and providing a link between the national and international groundwater community and hydrogeologists in India.
- To Collaborate with other groups in India concerned with international and national water related activities.
- To make representation of the members of society in the activities of the parent body and in other international activities as appropriate and appointment of reporters to the Council meeting of International Association of Hydrogeologists (IAH)
- To raise awareness of Groundwater issues and work With agencies to promote the sustainable use of groundwater.
- To promote the protection of aquifers against pollution, life improvement of aquifer storage and the management of Groundwater resources to assure the sustainability of ground water dependent eco systems.
The INC of IAH is also registered with NITI Aayog managed NGO DARPAN and eligible to apply for grants under various schemes of Ministries / Departments / Governments Bodies.